Get help from the best in academic writing.

My First Live Concert Experience

Without warning, the lights went dark. This was the moment I had been waiting for. My adrenaline went through the roof. The time had finally come that I would get to see and hear my first live concert.

I had never really been to a big concert that had a well-known band. A couple of weeks before the concert I got some information about it, but really didn’t think much of it. I talked with some friends about the band and we all casually decided to go get tickets for it. Little did I know what an absolutely spectacular time I would have.

Nathan, Alex, my sister, her friends, and myself all arrived at the Avalon Theatre in Smallville. We arrived about half an hour early so the place was just starting to fill up. As I walked closer and closer to the theatre, I felt myself getting notably excited.

“I’m about to hear a band that I have enjoyed listening to ever since my sixth or seventh grade year.” I thought to myself.

Walking into the theatre, handing my ticket to the ticket lady, I watched as workers scurried about trying to make sure everything was perfect for the upcoming concert. Chrome edged boxes were stacked in a couple of corners with the occasional person grabbing something instrumental out of one. In the adjacent corner of the building there were Jars of Clay souvenirs. There were posters, CD’s, clothing, key chains, and lots of other visually appealing items on the tables.

As the crowd built up, it moved towards the doors that led into the actual theatre. I could see that some type of fog machine was at work. A pale mist came out of the cracks of the door. The inconspicuous sound of music could be heard just over the chatter of the crowd of people. Behind those doors there was a thrilling adventure about to ta…

… middle of paper …

…nside of me. For my first time ever being at a concert, it was well worth it.

In the end, they said their farewells, sang one last song and then left the stage. Well, at least we thought they did. As soon as they left the stage everyone started chanting, “We want more!” repeatedly for about five minutes. They ended up coming back on stage and executing one final song. I thought it was very awesome of them to do another song like that for us.

When the final song was over and Jars of Clay was off the stage, the lights abruptly came on. Everyone started to leave the theatre. I still wanted to hear more of their music, but just as they had come out they then left in the same way. My adrenaline was still on a high point even as we got to our vehicles.

“This was definitely an awesome experience for me.” I thought to myself. “I really hope that I can do it again.”

The Elk Hunt

With the hopes that it wouldn’t snow, I traveled to Silverton Colorado with my dad in October. My dad and I had six elk tags for the very first rifle season. We pulled our camp trailer down to a nice wooded area about five miles before you get into town. The camp sight was about a quarter mile off of the highway. There were trees all around the camping spot; the only break in the trees was where the road came through.

We set up our camp trailer the day before season started. We had set our alarm for four o’clock the next morning, and we went to bed early.

I woke up the next morning due to the rays of sunlight coming through the windows of the camp trailer. This could not have been right! There was no way it could be light at four o’clock it the morning. I got up and looked at the clock that was to the counter next to my dad on the opposite side of the camp trailer. The clock read seven-thirty.

I woke up my dad and told him that it was already light outside. He jumped out of bed and said we had to go. I went outside and started up the truck while my dad was getting dressed. When I opened the door to the trailer I noticed clear blue skies and a light frost that covered the ground. I jumped in the driver’s seat of the 1990 white GMC Sierra, pushed in the clutch, and turned the key. The truck hesitated for about ten seconds and then started. I turned on the defroster and the windshield wipers so we wouldn?t have to scrape the frost.

We jumped in the truck and drove up to the highway. We were on the highway about thirty seconds before we turned off to the place we wanted to go. The place was called “The Brooklands.” The road was dirt with spots of snow and ice. After we started driving up the steep road, I noticed that we h…

… middle of paper …

…bably faster than us.

I reached a clearing and looked up to see two enormous four point bulls looking down at me. I put my gun up to my shoulder and naturally put the crosshairs on the larger elk. I pulled the trigger, and the elk dropped right where it stood. The other elk took off running up the steep mud and snow cover canyon wall, followed by a small two point bull that I forgot was there.

As we were climbing up the hill, I looked around to notice how green the lightly damp grass was, how beautiful the tall trees were, and how fast those snow clouds were moving above us. We got one elk on this adventure, so we decided we would pack up our stuff and head back home. As the white GMC reached the summit of Red Mountain Pass, I looked back to Silverton to see nothing but snow falling from the nearly black clouds in the sky, and I thought to myself–let it snow.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.